This shot was taken at Myrtle Beach in the 60's. We spent four summers there working at various restaurants and just livin' the life. This was our first summer. What fun!
Here's my list of comparisons:
- suntan lotion -then- baby oil and iodine, now-any suntan lotion with SPF of 45
- things to take to the beach -then-towel and lotion, now-towel, lotion, chair, umbrella, book, magazine, and cooler
- beach reading-then-Peyton Place, Valley of the Dolls, Cosmo, now-Dorthea Benton Frank, Anne Rivers Siddons, Grissom, and Patterson
- towel position-then-right smack in front of the pavilion, or near the lifeguard stand, now- as far away from people as possible
- beverage-then- Pepsi, now- wine, maybe a little water
- footware-then-Dr. Scholls, now- cheap flip flops
- hours spent on the beach-then-from 10-2..had to go to work around 5, now- as long as we want
- exercise on the beach-then-never! now-walk when I feel like it
- bathroom at the beach-then-in the ocean, now-in the condo
Well, that's my list. Feel free to send me any of your ideas, and I'll add them to this post. Click on comments at the bottom of this post, and you'll be able to add yours.
FYI: At the top are me and Mary; middle-Barbara and Karen, hanging on the sides, Linda and Penny; front- Connie.