Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Playing Around

I though I would work with this image since I'll be "hanging around" there this weekend. In May my highschool friends and I went to New York to celebrate our birthdays. While there we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. I think that's one of the best things to do in the city. We took the subway to Brooklyn, ate at a nearby diner, and then started our walk across the bridge. This time I payed attention to the markings on the bridge indicating where to walk and where to ride a bike. Tom and I made that mistake several years ago when we weren't paying attention and just wandered aimlessly going from side to side, just in awe of the view. Finally, a local on a bike mentioned in passing that we were on the bike path. So nice of him.

Anyway, here is one of the images I took without making any adjustments.


After playing around with filters, I went to "artistic," and clicked on "posterize edges." In the last step, I brightened it and worked on saturation.


Notice how the bricks are emphasized...kinda cool.

Can't wait to get that shot under the bridge with Manhattan in the background. Hope it doesn't rain. Have a safe Labor Day.

No comments: