Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It Never Rains in California, But It Does in Florida


Here we are at Santa Rosa Beach in Florida. Gloria and I drove down here to the gulf on Monday.We were invited by Evelyn to come and spend a few days at her new beach house. The three of us used to work in the same county...all of us school administrators- Evelyn, high school (left), Gloria, middle school (right), and me, elementary. We became good friends when we had to go on those awful administrative retreats where among other things, the top dogs tried their best to motivate us.


Even though it has rained every day, we have managed to get to the beach every evening for happy hour.




Because of the rain, we've had plenty of time to explore the area. This is my first trip to the gulf, so this is all new to me. In the past three days, we have been to Seaside, Watercolor, Blue Mountain, Destin and Rosemary Beach. The image above is the house from the movie, Truman, located in Seaside. I took lots of shots of the houses in the area..really cute...reminds me a little of those houses on Balboa Island.



One final shot of the beach. Going home tomorrow. Had a great time. Thanks, Evelyn!

No comments: