Monday, June 28, 2010

Look Who's Moved In!

Earlier this month I noticed a lot of activity among our bird population going on outside the kitchen window. There is a shade attached to the window frame that we use when it gets Africa hot here in Atlanta. Because we were having company over Memorial Day I rolled the shade up and forgot to unroll it until it was too late. This is what I saw as I was trying to get to the bottom of all of the racket going on. It appeared to be the beginning of a bird's nest. Not being much of a bird lover, I was all for unrolling the welcome mat, but Tom with his new found affection to feathered creatures, unbeknownst to me, thought we should keep it up, thus encouraging the invasion.

So twenty-five days later we have newborns. This morning momma bird and daddy bird were besides themselves signaling to anyone within five miles that their babies had arrived. I'm getting no peace.
God love 'em, but does anyone know how long it will take before they set sail? Here's the thing of it: I know it's not all about me, but really, it's as hot as blue blazes and I need my shade back.

3 comments:

Penny Gail Ginger said...

That's a good one Nancy!!
They are so cute!
Penny Gail

Anonymous said...

The sweetest little bird mouths..I must say! Thanks for the compliments on my pics! I've been having fun with photography lately! I bought textures on the web and have No clue how to use them yet! I want to learn and then I'll be going nuts!! Good to hear from you! Yes! Let's do lunch! What's this 30 something trapped in a 60 year old body? I turn the Big 40 this August! I'm 18 and trapped in this 40 year old body! LOL!
Tracy

deb said...

I am SO proud of you I have ALWAYS loved birds..i came home from the beach and my caged zebra finch had lais 4 eggs .God love her I may just have to get a male to fertilize her next batch and give you one.....loved this post...made me miss you sooo much...<3 you